Fisher Paykel dishwashers are designed to make doing the dishes easy! New ranges bring an air of sophistication to any kitchen – allowing flexible washing options as you wash one drawer and stack the other.
Sanitise mode kills 99.9% of bacteria, and flexible racking lets you customise internal shelves to suit your needs. But what happens when things go wrong? Look at some Fisher Paykel dishwasher problems and troubleshooting here…
Fisher and Paykel Error Codes
Fisher Paykel dishwasher fault codes will help you determine the nature of the fault – but you may need a qualified engineer to repair or replace relevant parts. See a range of fault codes and their meanings below:
- Fisher Paykel dishwasher fault code F1 – this indicates that the flood switch has been activated for more than six seconds
- Fault Code F2 – motor rotation hasn’t been detected
- Fault Code F3 – water temperature has reached over 85 degrees Celsius
- Fault Code F4 – the element is energised but the temperature isn’t increasing
- Fault Code F5 – this is an error with the lid that could involve the lid lock switch
- Fault Code F8 – an electrical issue which may relate to a reset error
- Fault Code F9 – electronics failure
U Error Codes
- Error Code U1 – the dishwasher has failed to fill with water after about three minutes
- Error Code U2 – this indicates a loading error
- Error Code U4 – drawer faults are the problem here
- Error Code U6 – a spray arm issue has been detected
Fisher Paykel Dishwasher Troubleshooting
Fisher and Paykel dishwasher troubleshooting problems may be linked to:
Fisher Paykel dishwasher drain problems – this can cause water leaking issues. The drain hose may have become disconnected from the waste pipe, or the water inlet hose isn’t properly connected. Excess water in the drawer could indicate the drain hoses are kinked or damaged.
Fisher Paykel dishwasher not starting – this could be related to issues with the power supply, power switches, fuses, or the circuit breaker. Any electrical faults need to be safely inspected by a qualified appliance repair technician. Other difficulties could lie with a drawer or the door being unable to close properly, a snag with the child-lock feature, or depressed buttons that won’t release.
Fisher Paykel dishwasher making noises – knocking or rattling sounds during the wash indicate that a spray arm is knocking against the dishes and needs to be repositioned. With some models continuous or intermittent beeping warn that a fault has occurred – a programme may be in pause mode – but if this continues you’ll need to get expert help to diagnose and fix any ongoing issues.
Fisher Paykel dishwasher motor issues – if the controller is unable to sense the motor rotating this could down to a number of reasons. A foreign object may have jammed the rotor, or there may be a wiring fault within the hall sensor or the controller. A defective electronic controller, PCB main filter, or motor stator winding will all need to be dealt with by an expert.
Fisher and Paykel dishwasher problem solving will often be determined by the model of your appliance. For instance, Fisher Paykel dishwasher DD603 problems may include an activated flood switch, motor problems, failed temperature sensor, faulty element, or electronics malfunction.
Refer to the fault codes above to identify the source of the problem – all of these faults can be identified and repaired by your local professionals.
Get Experienced Appliance Repairers
Fisher Paykel dishwasher repair London specialists will use advanced tools and equipment to quickly and effectively get your dishwasher up and running. Highly trained technicians will locate the source of any issues and fix them for you. You’ll get a fully insured service – all delivered with a six-month quality guarantee.